Wednesday, April 30, 2014

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I write this poem as a relate able poem for those who have a "special someone." Nobody is perfect, but this poem reminds those that being perfect isn't needed to find love, just being yourself and leaving your heart open will lead to love finding itself in. 

You Are You

You are not perfect
You are not the thinnest
You are not the most pretty
But you are mine, and I love you

Your smile radiates passion
That motivates me to carry on
Your hair is so long
That when it sways, the grass becomes jealous

My love for you is so strong that there is no definition
What is love?
Just baby don't hurt me,
Don't hurt me, no more

Your eyes don't burn like the sun
Your skin isn't the most smooth
Your laugh is rather obnoxious
But you are mine, and I love you

Our kids look just like you
Unique in every way
My sweet darling wife
You are the center of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment