Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This point of view of Minna is based off of the short story Bill by Zona Gale. Minna tells the story of what her father went through but in her own point of view. Follow this 1st person point of view as it takes you down a curvy road.
Minna POV

I was four when mommy died in the train crash and my daddy was thirty. Daddy worked from home in his workshop everyday, but when he had to leave for a little while, our annoying neighbor would babysit me. Daddy was a great cook. He could make coffee, bacon, potatoes, and pancakes. I loved his cooking. He also cooked oatmeal and vegetables sometimes, but they were always burned and yucky. Daddy would also fix all my dresses and fixed my doll whenever she got ripped. One year I went to school where I would draw and learn my ABCs. One time my dad visited but seemed very confused and never came back. One day Daddy said he had to go to the doctor so our neighbor watched me. When he came back his face was pale and he wouldn't let me near him. Does he not love me anymore? He tells me to be a big girl, but I don't want to be a big girl, I want to hug my dad.

A lot of people are coming over now. One woman and her family came in a big limousine. The lady was really mean to her daughter. I don't like her. She said something about leaving her own daughter and taking me. I thought that was funny. Why would she take me? One day a man and a sad woman walked to the shop and my dad said they were the ones and to give him one day.

Today Daddy spent the whole day in his shop. He just sat there and stared. He looked sad . When he tucked me into bed I told him I wanted to be a little girl, but he reminded me to stay a big girl.

This morning my dad washed me up real nice, fixed my doll, packed my bags, and told me to be a big girl. Then the same family from the day before pulled up and gave me a pretty umbrella. They took me to their car and I didn't even give my dad a second glance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment